Last Minute Wedding? I can do it!
The couples I marry contact me with all different lead times for their wedding. Sometimes I get the inquiry for my services months in advance — in fact I have already booked a wedding for 2013! And other times I get a phone call from a couple who exclaims, “We want to get married as soon as possible”. I will then ask, “how soon?”. And they may answer tomorrow or next week or even next month. That is what I often refer to as a “last minute wedding”.
A last minute wedding can be any of the following:
- You want a small, intimate wedding with just close friends
- One or both of you have been called on military deployment
- You eloped and now you want a real ceremony in front of friends and family
- You want an understated but charming ‘second-time-around’ wedding
- You need a perfectly planned, short-notice vow renewals ceremony
- You pulled everything together at the last minute but you forgot to hire an officiant!
Whatever your situation, I can help! Recently, I officiated a beautiful wedding for a small group of 20 at the Palisades Restaurant’s Magnolia room. My couple called me a month in advance for what turned out to be a beautifully orchestrated day – with only a month’s planning.
This weekend I also had the pleasure of officiating a last minute wedding at Gasworks Park. What an amazing day it was on top of the hill overlooking Lake Union. The couple even brought their pooch, Bennett!
There are so many fun and beautiful locations to have your last minute wedding. I am a native of Seattle and I have many favorites. Here are just a few recommendations for your last minute wedding:
- Gasworks park
- Space Needle Observation Deck
- Ballard Locks
- Golden Gardens
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Washington State Ferry
And don’t forget to check out all the hundreds of Seattle parks: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/. Each park has it’s own rules and regulations so you will want to make sure to read the fine print.
Call me today (206.406.7919) to help you get started planning your last minute wedding!
Here is another great link to Seattle Parks via The Port of Seattle: